"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New start

It's been over 3 years since my last post. Since then I pretty much shunned social media. Stayed active with fitness and family.  Stopped flying.  Traveled less for work.  Connected more with family and friends.  Made significant changes in 2014.  

So why start blogging again?  Before it was to capture and share my adventures, stay connected with family and friends.  Not this time.  This time I'm going to try to write as if nobody but I will ever read these posts.  I want to push myself to read, write, reflect, practice, learn, fail, succeed, and grow. I want to capture my journey as a way to fuel it. Though the entries and quotes are old, they still work for me.  Live adventurously.  Make a commitment.  Prepare.  Practice.  Train like no other.  Accept the consequences.  Live fearlessly.  Make mistakes.  Laugh.  Learn.  Love.  

For 2015, I've sketched out the areas I want to focus on this year:

Faith
Family
Friends
Fitness 
Finances
Fulfillment  
Fun

Not so different than years past.  This year I want to weave these areas together holistically, create supportive habits and routines, strengthen my foundation.

Faith: daily prayer and scriptures, congregation and fellowship weekly.  

Mental fitness: daily music practice, reading, writing.  

Physical fitness: Jiu-Jitsu 3x/week, Parkour 2x/week, running, skating, cycling, swimming, skiing, surfing, strength training, and yoga in between.  Sleep.  Ah, yes. Well, failed spectacularly in that area of fitness on Day 3.  Off to rectify.  Hope to return here tomorrow or at least before 2018!



No comments: