"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Update on training for the Boston

It's almost unbelievable that there are only 11 weeks left of training before the Boston Marathon. The last 3 weekends have required runs of 10,12, & 13 miles with week day runs averaging around 15 miles spread over 3 days.

The first 10 i crushed at 7 miles per hour. the 12 mile run was daunting so i started at 6 and ended at 8 averaging 7.3 miles for the whole thing. Last weekend though, my body told me to stop. I forced myself through 5 miles of the 13 and I was cramping up, my breathing was off, and everything under my knees ached. I took 2 days off after that and am trying to figure out how to get back on track. Today i meet with a physical therapist to check everything over.

My family went with me to see the movie Spirit of Marathon and they are totally pumped about the race. We just booked hotels for 4 days surrounding the race. Application and moneys are in. Everything is coming together.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Great update! Hope the PT news was good. Let me know.