"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mark, Jen, and Jonah 12

Glad your all alive and well.
Tuesday I just stretched.
Wednesday we did 3 rounds of our standard workout, but also added leg lifts and rock lifts. We do our rock lifts like a clean and press. Rocks are free, abundant here, and keep your body guessing. I like them. I got to where I was clean and pressing a pretty crazy big rock for my size and weight last year. We'll have to see what I can do after I get back into shape over the next months.
Haven't worked out since Wed. My upper back has been a little strained for the past couple weeks. It doesn't hurt when I workout but has been getting stiffer and stiffer so I'm resting it maybe till Wed this next week.
ROB- I remember one great piece of advice I read in a book you got me years ago. The book was like Navy Seal training workouts or something. The author said after starting a running program, no matter how good you feel, to stop running/pounding on your lower body the third week. Great advice in my experience too. On that note my shoulders especially have enjoyed the last few days off. I think resting now is going to help me exponentially over the next couple months. I'm writing another novel...I'm as pumped as always and since I'm resting this is my only outlet.

No comments: