"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mark, Jen, and Jonah 17

Saturday's workout went well...could only do 2 rounds...I was a bit tired...and with the new added exercises...but did a little hiking. Lugged around 2 gallons of roundup killing poison oak for like an hour and a half. Then came the activity I'd been waiting for for weeks (for for?) - We took out our Sevylor boat to the lake...it was like 90 degrees! It was even more fun than I had anticipated. I rowed around the lake with the family...we loved it! Hannah and Whitney tried rowing...it was pretty funny...shoot...I sucked at it at first, it was a little confusing since I'd never really done it before. We all went running at a nice cushy track today. I really only ran about 1/2 mile and walked the rest. Slowly but surely. LORRIE- I remember you really liked Garfield when we were little. I saw a Garfield poster today that was awesome. It was a picture of Garfield up a tree on a branch with Otis sitting next to him. The poster read: IT'S AMAZING WHAT ONE CAN ACCOMPLISH WHEN ONE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY CAN'T DO.

No comments: