"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Sunday, May 18, 2008

mjj22


Where to begin...now that we are getting so active it's hard to catch up after just a few days.

WED 14th rested and stretched. THURS we did deadlifts (WOD). I deadlifted a 100 lb rock. I'm definitely getting stronger. A 100 pound rock is starting to get pretty bulky but still ok I think...it's real worldish and I am very careful about my form. Starting to think about buying weights down the road. Jonah did light deadlifts as well. Then we worked our Abs pretty good and then went on about a 3 mile hilly hike. Friday we KILLED IT! I was so drenched after working out that my arms were almost too slippery to stretch. Jonah did Cindy and I morphed Cindy and Mary - I called it Mindy...5 shoulder presses, 15 squats, 5 pull ups. At round 5 I dropped my squats to 10 each round - anticipating running the following day. However I manned up at round 8...my right hand was going numb at the end of my shoulder presses because I was pressing concrete blocks and they must have been pressing on a nerve weird or something so I decided to just go for the handstand push ups. I did 3 on round 8 and then knocked out 5 each round thereafter - I was surprised and pumped that I was doing them! I realized after round 8 that I had my hands too close to my head...after widening my hands it put less stress on my elbow and I felt pretty solid...I lowered till my head touched the ground and then exploded up each rep it was cool. I did a total of 12 rounds in 19:33. Jonah did 11 rounds of Cindy in the same time! It was a great high of a workout. That night we went to a Father/Son camp out and Saturday we hiked for about an hour and a half and explored three caves only really known by a local friend we have. By Saturday noon we were exhausted. We've been resting ever since. Tomorrow we're doing today's WOD - looking forward to it. Poor Jenny has been sick since Thursday but should be good to go tomorrow. If I transfer the photo from my crummy camera phone I'll post a cave exploration photo of Jonah and I. Later!

No comments: