"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

broccoli....

The weirdest thing happened on Friday night. I got home from work & I just had this urge to eat something that was a little better for me & natural. So I went to Wal Mart & bought some broccoli & yellow squash cooked it up & have been eating it ever since. It's weird, I love the stuff. Yesterday I had a great chest workout. After work I just couldn't bring myself to go running so I went to the soccer field & did sprints up and down the field kicking a goal at the end. I had my heart monitor on & I got my heart rate going up to 170. Maybe that just shows what a wuse I am. It seems to be easier to chase a ball down the field then just plain running. So today at the gym I had a good arm workout & then did a yesterdays crossfit exercise. It was a bit watered down though. Instead of sit ups I did crunches & instead of the 50 double jump rope things I just did a 100 normal jump ropes. The double jumps I have not been able to master yet. I was really digging the burpees. Those things are way hard but I love em. After about an hour & forty five I got on the bike & just pedaled easy as I made some calls on the phone. I figured I might as well be doing something while I'm talking. I talked with Boot Camp (Heidi) for a bit. She is gonna be coming up this weekend to stay at her families cabin that's somewhere in the woods around here. I'm excited to go do fun stuff with her again. So today after work I'm gonna head to the skate park & soccer fields to goof around. This morning I was on Amazon .com & I ordered the Public Domain dvd. Do you remember that Powell skate video Mark? That's cool that you guys are making it to the skate park. I miss the Vegas skate park I used to ride.

No comments: