"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Sunday, June 29, 2008

mjj34

I just read an article today on crossfit...the one about the 75 year old guy...I feel like I read an article about a guy that's from the same planet I'm from. I've tried to conform to life and have been successful but it has been and still is and will always be extremely challenging to do so. I guy my age that I recently met that still skateboards told me that he often times feels like a caged animal in life...he was preaching to the choir. I've conformed to zoo life a good part of my life because I felt that it was the best way to have the right balance...how else can you stay married and raise kids, help them with EVERYTHING, and hold a decent job that allows you to be safe? Anyway one example of the article: It's Sunday, and a football game is on. Wildman gestures toward the screen. "The problem with most of these coaches -- they're not inspirational," he says. "You see this guy from Seattle, Holmgren, who's supposed to be so great -- and he's got a forty-inch waist! Three chins! What the hell is that about?" JEFF- your Mom gave me a hand typed smaller piece of paper (like a bookmark) when I got baptised it read: "You can't teach what you don't know. You can't lead where you don't go". That has inspired me ever since. I remember seeing Endless Summer II in Germany...I think you might have seen it in the theater with me Jeff? That was an intro to another dude from our planet - Laird Hamilton. That movie was so cool it reminded me how awesome life could be. Anyway the article was motivating and now I'm planning on starting the new week tomorrow as fast as I can.

No comments: