"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Saturday, June 7, 2008

mjj28

Change of plans #7473...kinda stopped doing the WODs...kinda. Just felt like a total change plus have a lot of chores to get done that require physical work and have been too tired doing the WODs to want to do anything else. Wed got wood racks squared away to put the wood for this winter. That evening we did the Crossfit warmup. I did max of everything except ring dips. Only did 30 instead of 45. Went shooting for like 5 hours in the hot sun on Thurs. When I was out of shape 6 plus months ago my hand and forearm would be pretty sore for a few days after shooting that much...not any more. JEFF- I remember reading on Mikey's blog about you when he posted his rad frontside grind photo of you in that bowl...he said something about how you never seemed happier as when you were skating or biking. It choked me up a bit and brought back a flood of happy feelings and memories...Friday I went skating again for the first time in a long time. I rode for about 3 hours. It was so fun and happy. I've been on probation 4 out of the past 6 years due to job changes/promotion and the weight of that against the risk of getting hurt has been a heavy weight...I'm off my "final" probation now as of May and am going to ride as often as I can. There are very few things that workout your body the way skating does not to mention the agility, balance and crazy quick reflexes it naturally gives you. I felt like my muscles were heat shrinked onto my bones this morning...everything felt tight and sleek - it felt great. Skating makes me as happy at 32 as it did at 13. Our free weights came in Friday...going to start crossfitting with them at my own pace. I'm overwhelmed in a great way with awesome exercise stuff to do.

My niece is visiting and has some good clean punk music I was listening to...it got me pumped up and at about 2115 tonight I did the Crossfit warm up max reps - I subbed dips for push ups and then did 15-15-10 olympic bar shoulder presses and 15-15 olympic bar shrugs - baby step weights break in - feeling good.

No comments: