"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

mjj31

I can't remember the last time I couldn't sleep this bad (tonight) this may be the most extreme case ever. Work totally sucked today. Don't want to talk about it let's just say that I'm an honest man in a dishonest world and am going to continue to be honest even if I'm crapped on because of it.
Saturday- spent about 3 hours clearing blackberry vines...they were growing out of control. Was cool because Jonah and I cleared a lot and the girls picked about two big bowls full. You should've seen this snake I saw in there like a month or two ago it was so long I couldn't see the head or tail and it was seriously like 3-4" in diameter. Can't remember but like Fri night and or Sat morning we had some showers and major thunder and lightning. Think it's been national news that we've got a lot of fires around here from it. It's so smokey that it's considered unsafe to do stuff outdoors so no outdoor fitness since Saturday (took Sunday and Monday off- was really tired for unknown reason Monday). Even inside our garage smells like I just had a campfire. Had to workout today (Tuesday)...was feeling like I needed to coupled with today's workday...did Crossfit warmup (only 30 dips), 2 sets of Thruster's with 45# bar- as many reps as felt good, and jump roped. Hadn't jumproped in awhile and was struggling at first. Tried to do some double unders and couldn't get past 2. Started getting frustrated and then paused and turned my frustration to focus and did 6...was pretty cool - I Mr. Miagied myself. Life stinks sometimes but I feel better and even get stoked working toward and slowly but surely achieving my fitness goals...it makes everything seem alright.

No comments: