"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Sunday, June 15, 2008

mjj29

Sunday off (always)
Monday rode my 24" (only 1 gear) bike home from work about 3 miles mostly uphill. My legs were so shocked (haven't ridden a bike like this in a LONG time) that after I would pedal real hard so that I could coast for a few feet uphill I had to lock out my leg because it was shaking so hard it was unstable on the pedal. Hence the beauty of crossfit/crosstraining - if you don't crosstrain you can be the man in one area and a total turd in another. I don't want to be a turd in any area if I can help it. That night I morphed the crossfit warmup and burpees - worked out hard but didn't count reps or sets or time.
Tuesday biked to work - almost all downhill - didn't even sweat and got to work as fast as driving.
Wednesday killed it. Did max reps on crossfit warmup- did the 45 rings dips and hammered them out in 2 sets each round (3). Did deadlift with my new olympic weight- felt great- only did what felt easy about 85 lbs cause I then skated 3 miles to the skate park and then skated till I was beat.
Thurday and Friday off. By the way- with the exception of Sundays I strech everyday even if I don't workout.
Saturday dug a hole (planted a blueberry bush). Biked to the skatepark with Jonah, skated hard and biked back. It was about 100 degrees and I was having a good time but my body wouldn't let me go 100 percent...it was weird it was as if my body had a mind of its own (a second one? anyway) and due to the heat it overrode my motivation. Guess I'm not 100 percent acclimatized to the hottest time of the day heat yet.
JEFF- loved your post. I know "loved" might sound a bit over the top...I've been like Tom Hanks on Castaway on this blog and your the first time in awhile the volleyball has talked back. In all seriousness it was cool and motivating to hear from you. We had Stake Conference today and something the Stake President said I mentally applied to working out he said: If we do the same things we will get the same results.

No comments: