"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

mjj35

Funny how I was so pumped Sunday for Monday and then Monday I was just dead. Ended up taking yesterday off HA HA life is crazy. Anyway feeling good today. Jen has strep throat. Jonah and I worked out tonight. I decided to just do the minimum crossfit warm up. 15 sec Samson stretches followed by 10 reps of everything else. Was just right. I've realized that just because I can do the full warmup doesn't mean I should. The full warmup combined with the WOD is too much for me after about 2 workouts each week. Did today's WOD exercises but did reps/sets at my own pace. Jonah did them with the new 15 lb Olympic bar we got last week. I asked him if I could video him doing pull ups for the blog and he agreed. He wasn't feeling particularly strong today but agreed anyway. The most pull ups he had ever done in a row was 9. As you can see he beat it today. Motivating...he's 9.

No comments: