"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mark57- seems to be going better than planned

I don't remember what workouts I did Monday...of course they were Crossfit WOD's though...three of them scaled. Highlights: Did 2 muscle ups -whoopee - man those are challenging. I'm sure I could've done more...did a lot of pull ups and dips trying to do the muscle ups again...it was my technique not my strength that was keeping me from doing them...I wasn't pecking my head forward like a chicken at the transition point - which I discovered after numerous attempts and which finally gave me the success I was looking for/trying to remember. I did numerous PR 135# hang power cleans - a good weight improvement for me. I did a PR 80# weighted pull up...I saw on Crossfit's comments that dudes are doing 100-130#s - WOW. I'll get there little by little. Also biked a few miles on some hilly trails on my 24" bike (only one gear - just the way I like it).
TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY off.
THURSDAY- Felt weak on Push Presses- later realized they were supposed to be push jerks- oh well- only did 95#. Finally got to do squats with a rack...so although this is a weak amount of weight, one has to consider the fact that I haven't squatted more than like 115# since high school. I did 225#. AND last but not least another new PR for me 205# deadlift.
FRIDAY, SATURDAY and tomorrow OFF.
I'm planning on doing a duathlon in May '09. I recruited a good guy I know who I think rips on mountain bikes. He's going to do the biking and I'm going to do the running. I did some research and it looks like I'm going to have to run consecutive 6 minute miles to do my part to win. I have to run 3 miles off road. He then bikes 7.5 miles off road. I then have to run 3 more miles off road. I haven't really been running consistently in like a year and even a year ago it was only for like 6 months. 6 minute miles ha! I don't think I've ever even run 1 mile in 6 minutes let alone 6 miles...but not because I don't think I can...I was just an idiot to sum it up. I've always been a fast dude but unfortunately an undisciplined fast dude. I may very well look back at all this writing I'm doing about this and laugh at myself but I'm excited right now and living for the dream...well see how it goes...I'll keep posting.

No comments: