"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Saturday, September 20, 2008

m58 - catch up

Highlights: I haven't been running much but decided to run a mile for time just to see what my base is. I ran it in 6:17. I couldn't believe it! I'm probably only at about 30% compared to how fast and comfortable I know I can run if I was in running shape. I've always been fast but never really seriously timed myself. I know I can run fast and after that time I'm REALLY excited to see what I can do. Wouldn't you know it...about a week later my knee started hurting. I think it's from over use due to having to deadlift and clean weight for shoulder presses, etc. Since we don't have a rack my knees have been getting overtrained. I didn't even think about it until like 5 days after my knee started hurting. I never felt it working out... only afterwards...it felt like I bruised my knee...I thought it was from the deadlifts sliding up and down my knee. My shoulder gave me problems for like 5 weeks but since it never hurt working out I just kept going...it's better now. Tough to know whether my knee will just get stronger or worse. I'm apprehensive because I pushed it running years ago and hurt it... in the same spot that it now hurts... so I think I need to rest it...bummer. I think I'll give it until Monday and then start working it again.

No comments: