"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Friday, September 26, 2008

m60 - Muscle ups

BOB - dude, great to hear from you and see you on the blog again. I was out of town for 3 weeks which is why I disappeared...I continued working out hard though. The hotel I was staying at had a 24 hour fitness only about 2 miles away so that was great. Nobody seemed to really give me any "What the heck is this guy doing" looks. As a matter of fact people seemed curious/interested in a respectable way? Anyway, miraculously my knee is doing pretty good...based on having hurt it in the past and how it felt the same...I prayed it would get better...I love Crossfitting and it really helps me stay balanced. My prayers are being answered. I was hoping today wouldn't involve knees and wa-la muscle ups. It seems like running the other day loosened the tight hurt parts of my knee and tightened the other too loose parts of my knee almost as if it made everything work together to get my knee properly aligned again or something? I still believe it was thanks to praying with faith and doing my best to do what is right in life...I'd be ungrateful and untruthful if I didn't say what I just said...not just trying to be religious or dramatic. On that note I saw tomorrow is running and (air) squats...I feel ready to do it and will continue to work and pray for the best.
Including doing my first muscle ups, I think this is the third time I've tried to do them. Man, each time has been like the first time - HARD. I tried like 20 times before I got my first one today. I ended up doing 6 total. I had to stop because I about ripped my hand open below my index finger - on my palm - which would've been real ugly and problematic for everything. Again I realized it's not my strength but technique. Once I remembered the technique I nailed them fairly easily...I think next time I'll knock out at least 15 MAYBE even all 30. What I was doing wrong was not thrusting my torso parallel to the ground as I peaked out my pull up...that was the key for me. Altogether probably did about 55 pull ups and 55 ring dips in addition to the 6 muscle ups. BOB- I got carried away and forgot to answer your question...my back didn't get sore at all after virtual shoveling but I didn't even do the girls weight...just the 45# bar. The girl in the video kept her back super straight - like doing a squat, which is what I did...I think that is the key to not wrecking your back on those? I'm more stoked than ever on Crossfit and am following the WODs everyday except Sundays. BOB - Good job on all those pull ups and dips...you've got to get yourself some rings...go to the Crossfit site to like FAQs under equipment or something...I got the Powermax rings linked through Crossfit they were only like $30...great deal and they are great...I have two sets...they are dips on a whole different level.

No comments: