"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mark 47

BOB, my fellow consistent poster, thanks for your response and motivating posts.

My workouts were taking too long before and I was trying to figure out what I could do without. Jen, Jonah, and I all talked and considered what Bob does and decided to cut out our own stretching. We just did the standard Crossfit warmup yesterday and it was perfect. Of course if we feel the need to stretch something we do but are fit enough now to where the Crossfit warmup is just right. I know this may sound like a bad idea to some - no longer stretching to warm up and cool down - but it worked great for us yesterday and was all fun without stretching which has almost always been brutally boring for me. I was motivated and stoked before but now our workouts just got cut by at least 20 minutes and all that time and motivation is getting dumped into the Crossfit warmup and WOD. What a great system Crossfit is. So yesterday we did the WOD from a week ago. 1 squat, 1 shoulder press, 1 deadlift. Yeah we're a week behind from resting but won't let ourselves miss a WOD. We'll scale down and do 2 WODs a day if needed to not get too far behind. I like being behind on the WODs because I know what to expect and can plan / get psyched in advance. So as I was saying, yesterday did 3 rounds Crossfit warmup, and 95# on the WOD. We don't have any kind of squat / weight rack so have to deadlift to clean to press to squat which severely limits our squat weight. Going to have to get together with one of my friends with a squat rack/cage in the near future. Oh ya, we went swimming for about 2.5 hours yesterday too.

No comments: