"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mark 52

Did three scaled WOD's today. Back squat, shoulder press, deadlift, double unders, supermans, situps, pullups, dips. Last week was too crazy to plan ahead enough to do squats at my buddies not to mention I wouldn't try maxing out on a 3 WOD day anyway. So on that note I got up to 115 on shoulder presses and 185 on deadlifts...115 felt heavy??? I think I could shoulder press like 155 or something in high school. I should probably be wearing panties right now. I'm going to start doing less reps and as close to the prescribed weight as I can handle because I need to increase my weight on lifts. I felt pretty good deadlifting 185...I could've done more. Taking tomorrow off and then doing the next 3 WOD's we haven't done yet on Friday.
BOB- Great to see a picture on the blog, pictures/videos are always cool, and thanks for your comment.
NOTE: I already posted the above but then remembered that I had tried to max out on deadlifts once before (although I didn't really try to MAX out today). I copied and will paste it below. I've improved quite a bit already since this was posted on 07-12-08:
"Maxed out on deadlifts afterwards. It's not a respectable amount of weight but it's good for me where I'm at being new to it and all - 155 lbs. I felt great and strong doing it but when I tried 175 it felt like it was strapped to the floor. I anticipate being able to lift it very soon - I'm pumped - I like the way these lifts make you feel and can tell there going to strengthen me considerably and rather quickly". YEEEEAAAAAH BABY!

No comments: