"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mark 50. 2 WODs Sumo/run

Friday off.
Today, Saturday, hiked around looking for and moving (clearing) rocks for about 45 minutes for church volunteer work. Was tired today. Didn't feel strong. Felt like I should nap or something but didn't want to. I hate feeling like that. Did WOD (scaled) from about a week ago anyway. Sumo deadlift high pulls 45#, 45# Thrusters, Pull ups. Three sets: 50,11,8; 40,9,6; 25,8,5. Basically cut the WOD in half. The sumos were killing me today. I felt like I just ran a hard sprint after about every 10 reps. After lunch took an involuntary nap. I was just so tired I fell asleep. Slept for about 45 min. Early this evening felt quite a bit better, did WOD #2. "Griff" run 800m, 400m backwards, 800m, 400m backwards. I have my block roughly measured out and so my distances are approximate but fairly close I think. Did it in 14:09. It was a good workout. Never really ran backwards much before, but had done it a few times just experimenting. It really worked my quads. I'm ok with my time considering my serious lack of running and biking the last 8 weeks or so.

No comments: