"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mark 51

As you can see from my posting number I've been in Area 51 for awhile. I haven't posted in like 10 days or so, last week was crazy busy and I felt like my postings would've been boring because I've scaled down the WOD's so much lately. I'm still doing the best I can but it seems when I do a WOD as prescribed I get too worn out to keep up as the week progresses. I don't like to work out to be stronger and fitter yet feel tired and vulnerable all week - I'm just not fit enough yet to keep up. I've been doing all the WOD's (scaled) and it's cool getting more comfortable and used to the different lifts, etc. I'm probably going to post less often just due to time and that I haven't felt postworthy with my average workouts lately. I meant to post a photo of my hands from the 150 rep 45# thrusters day...I wore holes in both my hands where my thumbs connect to my hand, from the knurled part of the bar. I was really into them because Jonah was racing me and I didn't even notice until I was almost done. Going to wear gloves on those next time. Going to workout tomorrow and do 3 WOD's (scaled) to try and catch up closer to the current WOD.
BOB- I can't even really imagine doing deadlifts that heavy...that's cool. Not really sure what I can do...I've never REALLY tried to max out...and I won't for some time since I still feel like my body is still getting used to light weight. Like everything it's just a matter of time. I'll get there little by little - good for you.

1 comment:

BobinNC said...

Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. I have never really deadlifted prior to crossfit, but I really like the exercise. I prefer to do 3-5 reps per set, but doing 1 rep maxes are good to get me out of my comfort zone. I have noticed that I lose grip strength way before I lose the ability to lift the weight. Anyway, Go Get Some!