"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Helen Delayed

Para-Olympics...always a silver lining! :-) I was more careful today. Wanted to break 50mph on today's descents, but settled for 42 due to headwind and concern about smacking into a deer if tucked in aerobar position. Ended up riding twice today for total of 17 miles. 1.5 mile hill attack was brutal, but satisfying. Bob, awesome about the CG signing up with Crossfit. I'm thinking second career, baby! Dundas family, great posts and videos! Lorrie and I are SO impressed and motivated to keep pushing the envelope. Speaking of pushing, I pushed Helen back to Thursday. After my AM hill ride and hauling sleds of wood with my Dad for 3 hours (see Rocky IV minus snow), I decided an easy PM recovery ride would be best. It was. More unconventional wood workouts tomorrow. Hopefully I can follow through on my date with Helen Thursday. Target is 15:54! ;-)

No comments: