"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Monday, July 14, 2008

I MUST conquer pull-ups!!!

I have a love, hate relationship with pull-ups...well, mostly hate. I must conquer them one day!! It's the only way I can learn to love them. It may take me a long time, but I must. I know I need to slim down a lot more. Without the right combination of body weight and muscle, I will continue to struggle.
So....as far as today's work out....I did the standard Crossfit warm up.
(Pimbo, if you are reading this, the Crossfit warm up is: 3 rounds of 10-15 reps of: Samson Stretch (do the Samson Stretch once each round for 15-30 seconds)Overhead Squat with broomstick, Sit-up, Back-extension, Pull-up, Dips.
I do supermans instead of the back-extensions, jumping pull-ups/negatives, and push-ups instead of dips.)
I completed 3 rounds of the warm-up with 15 reps of each.
We are catching up on WOD's (Crossfit work out of the day) so we did Sunday's today as well. It is:
For time:15 Handstand push-ups,1 L Pull-up13 Handstand push-ups ,3 L Pull-ups,11 Handstand push-ups,5 L Pull-ups,9 Handstand push-ups,7 L Pull-ups,7 Handstand push-ups,9 L Pull-ups,5 Handstand push-ups,11 L Pull-ups,3 Handstand push-ups,13 L Pull-ups,1 Handstand push-up,15 L Pull-ups.
I had a busy day and went to bed late last night, so I had a hard time working out tonight...so I did what I felt comfortable doing. Since I can't do hand stand push-ups, I substituted the reps for shoulder presses. I just used the 15 lb bar.
(Like I said...I'm a struggler tonight) I skipped the pull-ups all together. (The pull-ups in the warm up were enough for me today.) Not much, but I feel good. ~Jen

No comments: