"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Saturday, July 12, 2008

m39

Friday off. Today (Saturday) - minimum Crossfit warmup substituting dips for push ups, Don't have a squat rack (yet) so have to clean and press the weight to back squat it. So did deadlifts to hang cleans to push press to squats to knock out the WOD from Wed? Got up to 100 lbs and did it a few times but didn't feel ready to go up in weight due to the push presses. Squatted the 100 lb weight 20 times last set just to try to get something out of them. Maxed out on deadlifts afterwards. It's not a respectable amount of weight but it's good for me where I'm at being new to it and all - 155 lbs. I felt great and strong doing it but when I tried 175 it felt like it was strapped to the floor. I anticipate being able to lift it very soon - I'm pumped - I like the way these lifts make you feel and can tell there going to strengthen me considerably and rather quickly. Did sit ups, supermans, lunges, and jumped rope (unfortunately too smokey to be outside to run) to kinda do Thursday's and today's WOD. Was drenched in sweat but didn't want to drink cause I always cramp up jumping rope if I have anything in my stomach - too hot and I was too thirsty and had to drink. Surprise surprise I totally got a stomach cramp jumping rope. Too bad cause I was in the zone and enjoying the jump roping. Oh well that's life. Great workout today though left me feeling really good. Wore gloves throughout todays workout and my big blister seems to be absorbing back into my hand. It's nice having these calluses otherwise I'm sure it would have burst and my grip would've been hosed.

No comments: