"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Thursday, July 10, 2008

m38


Great couple last workout days! Man it's been almost a week I think since my last posting. Been busy but have worked out 3 days so far this week.

Sunday off.

Monday - Minimum Crossfit warmup, Burpees, Jump rope, Sit ups, and Squat clean jerk. Did the best I could on each exercise not paying attention to how much time or weight - just did what I felt I could do...was kinda dragging but I pushed myself good.

Tuesday off.

Wednesday - Was in Sacramento for training planned my training this day because Jen and the kids are their visiting the Grandparents. I created an animal with Jen...I wanted to go see a movie and she wanted to work out! I didn't want to go without her so I worked out. Glad I did. Too much smoke from the fires to go outside. Didn't have a pull up bar so did without. Did 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, and 100 squats. Was a great workout. Jonah did it too. He beat me that little sucker...I didn't move on to sit ups until I completed my 100 push ups though and I think he had an edge because he mixed them up 40, 40, 40 20, 20, 20, etc something like...still hats off.

Today - Thursday- Minimum Crossfit warmup, 100 pull ups. Never attempted something like this before. I was seriously feeling like I was good after 20 but I was determined to do them little by little if I had to. Keep in mind I did 30 during minimum crossfit warmup so at 20 I was technically at 50 follow? I did them about 3 at a time most of the workout but I didn't take long breaks, didn't drink water, etc. I use 4 different grips. Overhand, underhand, and both alternating grips. It was a real psychological accomplishment for me and actually wasn't too physically difficult. I wasn't failing by the time I was done. I've got some pretty good callouses but at about 70 I noticed a pretty good size blister coming in on my left ring finger under my callous so I put on some rubber coated gardening gloves. So total pull ups today's workout...130!

No comments: