"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What happens when you do a box jump incorrectly?


Well....let me show you. See picture above. I was on jump 28 when I didn't jump far enough into the center of the box, and my right toe slipped off. My shin slid ALL the way down the box. But...I'm happy to report, I finished my 50 jumps. I was determined!

So Monday's work out...I started with the Crossfit warm up. 3 rounds, 10 reps of each. The warm ups are getting a lot faster for me. I then did 50 box jumps, with a slight intermission that I've already explained, 10 jumping pull-ups, 30 push presses with 35lbs, 10 supermans, 50 regular jumps with jump rope, 10 steps/walking lunges, 10 basketball throws in the air (replacing wall ball shots) 10 sit-ups and last 10 swings with a 10 lb weight. (to replace kettlebell swings) I did less reps of each exercise so I could do all the exercises. I was worried my body wouldn't make it through the whole work out if did 50 reps of each. I actually got to my last exercise, burpees, and my lower stomach cramped up. So I figured I should stop for today. I was bummed, I actually like burpees. I was looking forward to them. We had fun working out with the Missionaries. They were having fun, and it was motivating to work out with someone new!

Great to see Bob and Marilyn posting!! I like it. ~Jen

No comments: