"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Monday, July 7, 2008

Kickin' it in Michigan

Thanks for the invite Rob. It will be good to stay in touch this way. As far as my fitness, it has been sparse this last year. I have started up again by training for the Marine Corp Marathon in October. My little sister has decided to join me as well, she lives in Centreville, VA. I'm just going for sub 5hr as my last one was 5:22. I may surprise myself, but I don't have the time to train as it is. So I haven't been exactly faithful in following my training schedule thus far, but I'm committed now. I ran 3 miles one day two weeks ago and then last week I ran 5 miles on Wednesday with another 8 this past Saturday. I'm must say I'm surprised at how well my body has picked back up. I just need to drop the added weight to help move faster. So now I'm back on track with my training schedule and hopefully won't deviate from it too often. Currently, cross training for me is pulling 110 lbs. (Ages 5, 3, and almost 2) in the bike train (Rob you were my inspiration).

Sorry we missed you back in May Taylor family, but we'll be in touch soon enough.
-Ben

1 comment:

Rob Taylor said...

Nice, Ben! Good to see your post this morning and see that you're training for Marine Corp. Bike train is way cool! We made it to the beach for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Lorrie and I had a great time trying to surf. Got burned to a crisp, though. Luckily the kids faired better than we. Was so much fun playing in the waves with them. We're going to try to make it there once a month. We'll definitely have to hook up next year if you make it back out here. Will try to make another post soon, but getting ready to head to D.C. for an IT conference. Back on Thu for some more AM water skiing! Talk to you soon. - Rob