"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Friday, July 4, 2008

m37

Well my wish has come true and some. Not only are Jonah and Jen working out all the time with me but now they want to post their own posts so I'm no longer mjj (Mark, Jen, and Jonah), I'm just "m"...no scratch that, that's James Bond's female boss...no I'm ok because I'll always have whatever sequential posting I'm on after it. Anyway, it's been a great 4th of July so far. We did 2 WODs today felt that would be wiser than working out yesterday - still was a bit sore and just mentally tired. Did Wed and Thurs Crossfit's WODs today - scaled down. Started with minimum Crossfit warmup. Followed by Deadlifts 15 reps, Hang Power Cleans 12 reps, Front Squats 9 reps, and Push Jerks 6 reps. Decided beforehand to only do 3 rounds and not for time. Weight used each round: 45, 65, 85. Could have done more weight but first time doing Hang Power Cleans and still perfecting other lifts. Next time think I'll break 100 lbs. Never tried the Thurs pull-up workout before. Saw that someone had posted on Crossfit comments that they completed 12:00. I thought, "I think I could maybe do that." Completed 9 minutes and 8 pull-ups before too tired and time ran out on me. I hate to over do it and felt like I was probably starting to at about minute 8. Was too curious to stop. Might have been able to reach 12 min if hadn't already done first WOD. So including the 30 pull-ups during warm up did 83 pull-ups during today's workout. I've really been progressing lately.

ROB- Kept waiting for the skier to get hit by another boat or something. Man, surfing at the crack of dawn with the family...your living the dream.
Healthy advertisement

No comments: