"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jonah4

Worked out last night. Wasn't able to post because it was too late at night. Did three rounds of the Crossfit warm up. Didn't do good on the pull-ups though. I then did 15 shoulder presses, then 1 sit-up, then 13 shoulder presses, then three sit-ups, etc.I did the shoulder presses with a 15 lbs bar. Was a good workout. Dad did the REAL work out, which was the same thing as I did, except he replaced the shoulder presses with handstand push-ups, and replaced the sit-ups with L pull-ups. That's impressive. The last time he did handstand push-ups was like six months ago. Anyway, I had a good workout.

1 comment:

Rob Taylor said...

Wow, Jonah. I'm continually amazed by your workout accomplishments! You are inspiring me to begin "Crossfitting" again, but I'll probably wait until it gets too cold to water ski to work in the mornings. Today was a fantastic beginning. The water was so flat that I was able to stretch way out with one hand, get my body closer to the water than ever before, and create an enormous wall of water. It felt incredible! Though I haven't lifted any weights since winter, the constant 1-arm rope pulling has really started to build my back, arms, and shoulders. When we first started out this spring we were exhausted after only 30 minutes of back and forth skiing. Now we can easily go over two hours, leaving no flat water to be found! :-) Off to Washington, D.C. tomorrow to give a presentation about advances my division is making to the Coast Guard's computerized logistics information system. Can't wait to get back and head to the beach with Lorrie and the girls Saturday for some surfing! - Rob