"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

m40

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude...I wrecked the last two days :). I did the Crossfit WOD's from Sunday and Monday this Monday and Tuesday. I like to be a day behind Crossfit because then I know what's coming and can mentally prepare and pace myself the day before if necessary. I did the 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 handstand pushups alternating sets with L pull ups 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 after the minimum crossfit warmup. I went down on the handstand push ups until the top of my head touched the ground and then pushed up. I kicked my legs to give me an extra boost only about maybe 10 reps total throughout the workout. It was like the 130 pull ups the other day...it was mentally challenging as well as physically but I was determined. I was feeling my old left shoulder injury after the first set but felt like it was ok to keep going. A number of old injuries that I've had in the past have come up as I've been getting stronger but they have gotten strengthened and I no longer feel them it all which is crazy because some of them bothered me for years. I think I am really learning the difference between good pain and bad pain. I think what I felt in my shoulder was more of a physical therapy type pain and it will benefit from all this over time and eventually be like everything else - so strong it's gone! As an example my theory... yesterday I did the minimum crossfit warmup and although I was aware of my shoulder, from just the day before, I did the pull ups and dips without any problems or bad pain followed by the WOD- run 400 meters (I think around our block is more like 650 meters) followed by 50 squats. I completed 4 rounds as prescribed. I didn't do it for time. It was tough! I haven't run/biked/skated in like 3 weeks due to the really unhealthy air because of the wildfires so it was hard but I did it best I could anyway and completed it. My progress lately has been really motivating and I think it's only going to get better now that I'm doing the lifts with weights prescribed by Crossfit.
LORRIE- I liked your post. It was motivating. Good job adapting the workout I agree that is the best way to do it. I now try to do all the movements of each WOD and encourage Jen and Jonah to do the same hence the reason they did shoulder presses in lieu of handstand pushups etc. Like you said little by little and before you know you'll be tearing it up. I'm really just now pushing myself really hard...I've been very careful not to over do it the past like 10 months! It's hard to be patient but worth it. Crossfit is awesome :)
ROB- No lifting since like winter and your back looks the way it does? I felt skinny and weak when I saw that photo. Very impressive. I'm working on catching up with you - look out :)

No comments: