"Have the guts to make a commitment, to prepare like no other, to accept the consequences involved, and to never rest on your laurels." - Lance Armstrong

Without discipline, the mind and body grow weak. Plan well. Train well. Live well. Love well.
Make every moment count.

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, ADVENTURE." -A.Dumbledore

Friday, July 4, 2008

Jen's 1st post.

Well....I decided it was time for me to start posting my own work outs. I was sick with strep throat this week...so it had been a week since I worked out. I missed it.
So I also did the Cross Fit warm up, followed by the WOD for Wednesday and Thursday. I modify some things to fit the level that I'm at. For example, I do "girl push-ups" instead of regular push-ups and I do jumping/negative pull-ups for regular pull-ups. I can do a good amount of girls push-ups, so I think I must be getting close to real ones. I'm going to try next time we work out. I need to lean down more and get a lot stronger before I can do pull-ups. They are tough!!
For the lifts today, I started with just the 15lb bar...to get the technique down, then moved to 25lbs. Still pretty light for me, but I'm starting slow. I want to feel comfortable with all the lift techniques first. (Two rounds for me today) I then completed 4 mins. of pull-ups. Strength wise I could of kept going, but my hands were KILLING me!! I need to build up my calluses again. Overall it was a good work out. I feel stronger...but I know I have a long way to go. Looking forward to the journey! :-)
I'm liking the idea of more ladies posting on here. Lorrie, Marilyn, Matt.....get your wife on here too! :-) It's a fun and motivating way to keep in touch.
HAPPY 4th EVERYONE!! ~Jen

No comments: